Marketing and Communications Manager for Aushorse
Aushorse is the marketing body for Australian breeders. Our role is to drive investment into the thoroughbred industry, both from overseas and domestically.
On an international stage we create the narrative that Australia is the best place to breed, sell or race a horse in the world, owing to our incredible prizemoney, valuable and accessible bloodlines, and strong, stable, bloodstock sales.
Domestically we promote the benefits of buying locally produced horses and also run initiatives to promote racehorse ownership.
We are looking for somebody to join our team who has an abundance of energy and ideas. This is a fantastic opportunity to allow your talent to shine as the successful candidate will be given the responsibility for delivering our message to a global audience. Your efforts will be seen by the whole thoroughbred industry.
Working closely with the chief executive, you will have the opportunity to learn new skills, while developing your career and forging relationships with leaders in the industry. The position, based out of our Sydney office, will involve travel to major sales and racing events.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the chief executive and board to develop long term strategies
- Overseeing campaign planning and delivery
- Creating adverts and content
- Managing our social media channels
- Event organisation
- A minimum of two years in a communications, marketing or client facing role
- Good understanding of the thoroughbred industry (though you need not have worked in it)
- An understanding of social media trends
The successful candidate will need:
- Good communication skills
- Great work ethic (this is not a 9-5 role)
- Strong eye for detail
- Be highly organised
- Be a self-starter that is happy working independently or as part of a small team
- For a confidential discussion contact chief executive Tom Reilly
- 0423 146 334 or firstname.lastname@example.org